ISO100 WHITE WINTER PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP (group 1):
NEW ZEALAND’S SPECTACULAR SOUTHERN ALPS
Dates: Thursday 1st → Tuesday 6th AUGUST 2019
Duration: 6 days, 5 nights
EMAIL FOR PRICE & AVAILABILITY:
Please email Sarah for availability and further information using the contact form above.
- Wanaka Tree
- Lake Tekapo & Church of the Good Shepherd
- Mount Cook & Hooker Lake
- Hooker Valley cascades
- Return heli sunrise ride to Coromandel Peak (Wanaka) *weather pending
- Lake Pukaki & Peters Lookout
- Tasman Lake
- Twizel & surrounding lakes
- Moke Lake
- Glenorchy jetty
- & more!
NEED TO KNOW:
- CAPACITY: Maximum of 7 participants
- DURATION: 6 days, 5 nights: Twin share
- AIRPORT: Fly in (am Thursday 1st August) & out (pm Tuesday 6th August) of Queenstown ZQN airport
- TRANSPORT: Van (Airport pick-up & drop-off included)
- SKILL LEVEL: All levels of experience welcome
- REQUIRED FITNESS: Easy / Moderate: Hooker Valley Trail, 10km return with minimum gradient.
- TYPE OF PHOTOGRAPHY: Landscape focused – Sunrise, Sunset and night photography, all with personal in-the-field mentoring & post processing sessions by Iso100 Photography.
*Relevant DOC permits acquired
- DSLR & spare batteries
- Variety of lenses (At least a Wide angle & Long lens is recommended)
- Graduated & Standard ND Filters
- Remote shutter release
- Laptop for post-processing
- Sturdy hiking boots
- Alpine / wet weather clothing (Temperatures can vary from 10 to -10 degrees)
- Travel insurance (Recommended)
- Personal ‘in-the-field’ mentoring & tuition from Iso100 Photography
- Introduction to the basic fundamentals of photography
- Understanding how ISO, shutter speed & aperture work together
- Shooting in ‘manual’ mode
- Managing exposure
- Understanding white balance
- Composition & framing basics
- Understanding focal points & focal lengths
- Understanding depth of field
- How to correctly use LEE Filters in the field
- Post processing techniques to take your work to the next level (Lightroom, NIK & Photoshop)
- Transportation during workshop
- Accommodation during workshop
- Airport pick-up & Drop-off
- DOC approved photography workshop tour
Join Sarah on this Iso100 exclusive workshop tour exploring the unrivalled beauty of New Zealand’s spectacular Southern Alps in deep winter. With it’s endless photographic opportunities, together we will shoot all the South Island’s best winter photography locations. Astro over a snow-covered Mount Cook, Sunrise at the world famous Wanaka tree, chase hoar frosts among the lakes and trees of Twizel, capturing explosive sunsets at the Church of the Good Shepherd, pristine reflections over the secluded Moke Lake & so much more.
All Iso100 Workshops are tailored to the individual needs of her clients. With attention to detail, Sarah ensures her participants leave the workshop having not only the best possible learning experience, but a fun experience all round.
Sarah demonstrates throughout the workshops, shooting and working alongside her clients to explain the process in an ‘easy to comprehend’ manner and answering any and all questions that arise along the way.
Sarah ensures her clients come away with a thorough understanding of how to achieve their desired style of photography, from how to use their gear correctly to how to post process to achieve the best possible results. And last but not least, to leave with a portfolio of shots you would proud to show off… All this, bundled up into a fun photography adventure full of laughs and good vibes – rain, hail or shine.
Sarah’s tours are designed specifically for the young and young at heart, those wanting to maximise their photography knowledge and sharpen their skills while in the field. This tour is action packed and an incredible experience personally guided by one of Australia’s leading female landscape photographers.
The above photographs taken by Iso100 Photography during recent trips to workshop locations
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Connect with Iso100 Photography