ISO100 AUTUMN COLOUR PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP:
NEW ZEALAND SOUTHERN ALPS & CENTRAL OTAGO
Dates: Friday 27th April → Wednesday 2nd May 2018
Duration: 6 days, 5 nights
EMAIL FOR PRICE & AVAILABILITY:
Please email Sarah for availability and further information using the contact form above.
- Famous lone Wanaka Tree
- Glendhu Bay & Lake Wanaka
- Queenstown & Lake Wakatipu
- Lake Tekapo & Church of the Good Shepherd
- Mount Cook & Hooker Lake
- Hooker Valley cascades
- Lindis Pass
- Twizel & surrounding lakes
- Moke Lake
- Glenorchy & more!
NEED TO KNOW:
- CAPACITY: Maximum of 7 participants
- DURATION: 6 days, 5 nights: Twin share
- AIRPORT: Fly in (am Friday 27th April) & out (pm Wednesday 2nd May) of Queenstown ZQN airport
- TRANSPORT: Van (Airport pick-up & drop-off included)
- SKILL LEVEL: All levels of experience welcome
- REQUIRED FITNESS: Easy / Moderate: Hooker Valley Trail, 10km return with minimum gradient.
- TYPE OF PHOTOGRAPHY: Landscape focused – Sunrise, Sunset and night photography, all with personal in-the-field mentoring & post processing sessions by Iso100 Photography.
*Relevant DOC permits acquired
- DSLR & spare batteries
- Variety of lenses (At least a Wide angle & Long lens is recommended)
- Graduated & Standard ND Filters
- Remote shutter release
- Laptop for post-processing
- Sturdy hiking boots
- Alpine / wet weather clothing (Temperatures can vary from 15 to -6 degrees)
- Travel insurance (Recommended)
- Personal ‘in-the-field’ mentoring & tuition from Iso100 Photography
- Introduction to the basic fundamentals of photography
- Understanding how ISO, shutter speed & aperture work together
- Shooting in ‘manual’ mode
- Managing exposure
- Understanding white balance
- Composition & framing basics
- Understanding focal points & focal lengths
- Understanding depth of field
- How to correctly use LEE Filters in the field
- Post processing techniques to take your work to the next level (Lightroom, NIK & Photoshop)
- Transportation during workshop
- Accommodation during workshop
- Airport pick-up & Drop-off
- DOC approved Workshop Tour
From the mountains to the golden valleys, join Sarah on this Iso100 exclusive workshop tour exploring the unrivalled beauty of New Zealand’s spectacular Southern Alps. With it’s endless photographic opportunities, together we will shoot all the South Island’s best fall colour photography locations nestled around the Alps & Central Otago regions, all while deciduous trees turn brilliant hues of yellow, gold and hot orange, all set against a crisp sky of deep rich blue. Astro over mighty Mount Cook, Sunrise at the world famous Wanaka tree, the falling golden leaves in Twizel, capturing explosive sunsets at the Church of the Good Shepherd, pristine reflections over the secluded Moke Lake & so much more.
All Iso100 Workshops are tailored to the individual needs of her clients. With attention to detail, Sarah ensures her participants leave the workshop having not only the best possible learning experience, but a fun experience all round.
Sarah demonstrates throughout the workshops, shooting and working alongside her clients to explain the process in an ‘easy to comprehend’ manner and answering any and all questions that arise along the way.
Sarah ensures her clients come away with a thorough understanding of how to achieve their desired style of photography, from how to use their gear correctly to how to post process to achieve the best possible results. And last but not least, to leave with a portfolio of shots anyone would be proud to show off… All this, bundled up into a fun photography adventure full of laughs and good vibes – rain, hail or shine.
Sarah’s workshops are designed specifically for the adventure seekers, those wanting to maximise their photography knowledge and sharpen their skills, all while shooting in the field among likeminded enthusiastic friends. This tour is action packed and an incredible experience personally guided by one of Australia’s leading female landscape photographers.
The above photographs taken by Iso100 Photography during recent trips to the workshop locations
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Connect with Iso100 Photography